Table of Contents
What Is Leetchi?
Founded in 2009, Leetchi is a French online fundraising platform that caters to the European population. It was established by Céline Lazorthes. The platform allows users to create and manage their money pots. It was initially established to provide its services to individuals.
Through the platform, users can easily reach out to potential donors and share their fundraising efforts on social media. After collecting a large number of donations, they can then use their Leetchi money pots to purchase products from the company’s e-commerce partners.
With Leetchi crowdfunding, users get a 100% free registration without any hidden fees. However, it does charge a transaction fee of around 1.9% to 4%, depending on the amount of money that’s collected.
- 4% fee for money pots up to £2000
- 2.9% fee for money pots above £2000
- 1.9% fee for money pots above £200,000
Apart from that, Leetchi France also has tax deductions. In France, it is obligatory for individuals to declare donations made to charitable organisations. There are certain criteria that can be used to determine the donation amount. For instance, if a person gives €700 to the Children’s Foundation, they can reduce their tax bill by €510. The calculation is as follows: 530 x 75% + (700 – 530) x 66%.
Leetchi User Experience and Reviews
Through Leetchi, individuals and organisations can easily register and raise funds for various causes. It allows users to speak both English and French, and this makes it easier for them to carry out their fundraising activities. The platform’s reviews are generally good, with a score of 3.1 stars out of 5.
What Is The Best Leetchi Alternative In Europe?
One of the best Leetchi alternative crowdfunding platforms in Europe is WhyDonate, which is a Netherlands-based platform that caters to both individuals and organisations. It not only offers both simple and affordable solutions but has a handful of exciting features that can enable any user to raise money efficiently.
Why Choose WhyDonate?
Through WhyDonate, individuals and groups can connect with potential donors. Its simple registration process and minimal fee structure make it an ideal alternative to other fundraising platforms. You can start a fundraising page for your organisation or charity by providing details such as your name, address, and contact information. You can also share your message and connect with your friends and family on social media.
With WhyDonate, people can easily and quickly raise money for various projects, including healthcare-related activities. It’s also a great platform for people to start and manage their own fundraising campaigns. Besides being able to create multiple fundraising campaigns, the platform features numerous active fundraisers that allow people to make donations.
- WhyDonate charges 0% platform costs and no additional subscription costs.
- WhyDonate fees are very nominal – 1.9% + €0.25 per donation
- WhyDonate makes sure your donations and data are secure. The data is stored encrypted, and all payments are secured by licensed payment institutions.
- All international payment methods are available at WhyDonate.
- Quick payouts, options for recurring donations
- The pages are optimised to provide an optimum look on all devices, such as desktops, tablets or mobile.
- Offers peer-to-peer fundraising options.
- WhyDonate allows you to add your own custom branding and content to fundraisers, donation forms and emails.
- There are great customer support officials waiting for you to pop a question so they can assist you.
- Access WhyDonate’s donor database of 350,000 donors.
Leetchi Alternative That Is Wise for You
No matter what crowdfunding platform you choose, it should be according to your requirements and simple enough for your donors to access. Leetchi France is a great crowdfunding platform; however, WhyDonate offers a lot more features that are more user-friendly yet affordable.
Not only is WhyDonate safe for its users, but it also has multiple payment options for international donors. The WhyDonate app enables its users to fundraise or donate on the go with its extremely easy user interface.
Now choose wisely before you start your fundraising journey, as it is ultimately you who will give life to a campaign and raise funds for a bigger change. Happy Fundraising!