It is inevitable that we all face good times and hard times often in our lives. Because that is life, we do not always have the same emotion or the same situation to deal with. Given the scenarios of a massive pandemic, mental health has been in focus.
The pandemic has made us realise that we never know about the certainties of life. And there will be times when people are going to need socio-economic help from others. Even if there are several options to fall back on, in case of emergencies, you can take the help of some personal fundraising websites that are always there to provide the platform so that you can raise money for your need.
Table of Contents
Can I raise money for myself?
Sometimes people don’t have anyone to help them during their financial crisis. But there is always a feeling of lightness if you can have a sense of sharing your difficulties with someone who can actually help you. Crowdfunding platforms offer personal fundraising to those who are in serious need of funds. All you need to do is register your cause by penning it all down and ask for help.
How Can I Raise Money For Personal Causes?
One of the best ways is taking the help of crowdfunding sites for personal needs. Personal fundraising is not about asking for money from people so that you can travel to an Island and enjoy a glass of margarita. Fundraising on a global platform is not something to kid about. The cause must be significant enough to involve a large number of people. Now that the crowdfunding field has evolved a lot and there are frequent transparencies among personal fundraising websites, we all have to gain insights into our lives and improve our attitude towards it.
10 Best Crowdfunding Sites for Personal Needs & Emergencies
If you are lost in the crowd of crowdfunding platforms that offer you the best personal fundraising websites, we are here to help. We are going to pick some of the best personal fundraising websites from the bouquet so that you can only worry about your cause. So let’s read more about the best personal fundraising websites –
Honestly, I am not opening with WhyDonate just because I am a part of the platform. But you can see yourself and understand soon enough why this is one of the best personal fundraising websites of all time. Take it from healthcare fundraising to music crowdfunding, WhyDonate embraces all kinds of fundraisers with open arms. As one of Europe’s leading fundraising websites, WhyDonate allows you to fundraise for causes like healthcare, funerals, and sports.
- WhyDonate charges 0% platform costs and no additional subscription costs.
- WhyDonate makes sure your donations and data are secure. The data is stored encrypted, and all payments are secured by licensed payment institutions.
- All national and international payment methods are available at WhyDonate.
- The pages are optimised to provide an optimum look on all devices, such as desktop, tablet or mobile.
- Offers peer-to-peer fundraising options.
- WhyDonate allows you to add your own custom branding and content to fundraisers, donation forms and emails.
- There are great customer support officials waiting for you to pop a question so they can assist you.
- Access WhyDonate’s donor database of 350.000 donors.
The American crowdfunding platform, GoFundMe, is one of the most popular websites that help individuals to fundraise for their needs. Creating an account in GoFundMe is easy, and the entire fundraising process is relatively easy to do. From medical emergencies of individuals to charity works of non-profits, GoFundMe provides everyone to fundraise on their website.
- GoFundMe offers you to personalise your fundraiser according to your needs.
- It does not matter if you reach your fundraising goal or not. You get to keep all the donations you have gathered.
- You can start your fundraiser in other languages like Italian, German and French.
- There is the GoFundMe app makes it simple to launch and manage your fundraiser on the go.
- GoFundMe allows the users to customize their fundraiser in a cool way which caters to the American audience. Focusing on the American market, personalisation of the fundraiser has great demand in crowdfunding field.
Another personal fundraising website, Fundly, is known for its online fundraising process. Fundly offers its crowdfunding platform to non-profits, charities, clubs, schools, and individuals to raise funds for their causes. The website also has a wide fundraiser category available for individuals. Fundly provides individuals with the options to fundraise for causes like creative projects, trips, and weddings as well.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising options can be availed through Fundly.
- Fundly is free to register, but there can be a nominal fee for processing the donations.
- You can post updates to your personal fundraising page.
The US-based crowdfunding company Donorbox is another popular personal fundraising website that is one of the best crowdfunding platforms for individuals. You can receive your donations online through Donorbox from anywhere in the world. Donors can easily create a simple, conversion-optimised multistep donation form that works on any device.
- Use the pop-up widget that seamlessly embeds to the Donorbox website.
- You can opt for monthly recurring donation options through Donorbox so that you do not have to worry about making donations to a particular fundraiser every month.
- The unique text-to-give option is also thereby Donorbox, where you can let your donors give by sending a simple text message from their smartphones.
- There are many payment options available like debit cards, Apple Pay, low-fee ACH & SEPA bank transfers, Google Pay, and PayPal.
Speaking of worldwide crowdfunding options, Ketto is one of the best personal crowdfunding websites based in India. Ketto allows individuals to fundraise across the country by offering many personal fundraising ideas. Individuals can raise funds for many causes from healthcare to disaster management.
- Ketto allows international payment options for the donors.
- Find many successful crowdfunding stories that can give fundraisers ideas on how to start personal fundraising for their causes.
- There are many partners of Ketto who successfully promote the fundraisers through other channels.
- Donors can get instant updates on your fundraiser’s progress via instant alerts, and email and track everything in real-time on Ketto’s web app.
- Ketto provides a highly intelligent marketing tool, which provides all insights on your fundraiser.
- Ketto offers you 24*7 assistance via call, WhatsApp, Email, SMS and our Instant Chatting Interface.
The Brooklyn based public benefit corporation Kickstarter is again one of the most popular personal fundraising websites for individuals. Individuals who are looking for any personal cause for which they want to start a fundraiser can use Kickstarter as a personal fundraising platform. With a service fee of 5%, along with 3% + $0.20 per transaction for payment processing, you can start your fundraiser in no time.
- Kickstarter supports projects from a variety of categories like art, comics, music, and photography.
- Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. No one will be charged for a pledge towards a project unless it reaches its funding goal. This way, creators always have the budget they scoped out before moving forward.
- Fundraisers can download their Kickstarter data if they want.
- Fundraisers can also get direct messages from the donors for better transparency.
If you want to have the wedding of your dreams but can’t afford to get one, then Honeyfund is one of the best personal fundraising websites you got for the same cause. Whether you are a newly married couple or an engaged couple, you can arrange funds for your happy future through Honeyfund.
- Honeyfund allows you to register for gift cards and receive your gifts.
- Honeyfund also provides funds for honeymoons as well.
- You can start a cash registry for the newly married couple.
With a good success rate, Indiegogo is one of the most preferable personal fundraising websites for individuals to gather funds. Indiegogo, Inc. was founded in 2008 and is available in 235 countries and territories, which makes it a good choice for fundraisers to initiate a campaign through Indiegogo. Even if there is a 5% platform fee plus a 3% to 5% third-party processing fee, still people choose to start crowdfunding via Indiegogo due to the good results.
- Indiegogo is an accredited business with the BBB with an A+ rating.
- Indiegogo has an international transfer fee of $25 when sending funds to banks outside of the US.
- Indiegogo offers a flexible fundraising experience by providing help in every step of the fundraising process.
One of the pioneering personal fundraising websites in Europe, Ulule allows creative, innovative and community-minded projects to test their idea, build a community and grow it. If you want to start crowdfunding for artists, sign up to Ulule and start your fundraiser immediately.
- Ulule focuses on empowering creators and entrepreneurs. So individuals can have a great time fundraising for their cause via this personal fundraising website.
- In case an artist wants to pre-sell any item in order to fundraise for their cause, Ulule offers such kinds of unique features too.
- This personal fundraising website is entirely free and doesn’t cost a dime to use, but it does take a commission from funds transferred.
According to the official website, Mightycause is a mission-driven, employee-owned business that has served the non-profit community by helping them with online fundraising and donor engagement since 2006. Mightycause is one of the lowest-cost platforms for raising money while also offering select tools for free. Founded in 2006, Mightycause has helped more than 150,000 causes attract the contributions they needed to meet their goals and is considered one of the best crowdfunding sites for personal needs.
- Mightycause offers a free demo to its audience for better clarity.
- The customer relationship management of Mightycause is very active with helpful advice.
- Mightycause also offers an option to set up year-round fundraising, special events, giving days, and crowdfunding campaigns.
- The personal fundraising website also provides a portfolio of state-of-the-art online and mobile products, including; online fundraising, donor management, custom donation pages and widgets, and a giving day platform.
Can you fundraise if you are not a charity?
During the difficult times, we are thankful to have access to such kinds of technology to gather funds for our cause. As crowdfunding can be one of the most convenient ways for starting a fundraiser for individuals, there are just too many options nowadays to choose from. But we researched and reviewed the personal fundraising websites for you to detangle the intricacies of crowdfunding options to get rid of the confusion of choosing what is best for you.
But of course, over the course of time, the trends of crowdfunding keep changing, new technologies arise, and personal crowdfunding websites keep updating their terms and conditions according to the taste of their audience. These crowdfunding sites for personal needs can make your goal clear and help you to reach your cause in every corner of the world. Start fundraising for your personal needs and achieve your goal.